Can I easily find specialists in my field in Paris?
Yes. In Paris, you can easily find specialists in virtually any field, including, for example, construction and engineering, major infrastructure projects, investment protection, energy and natural resources, transnational M&A, international sales, aeronautics and space, IP and IT, insurance and reinsurance, transport, etc.
- Will I easily find interpreters and court reporters in Paris to assist me during my arbitration?
- How often will I have to travel to Paris during the arbitral procedure?
- Is there any major consideration to take into account when selecting the seat of arbitration?
- Can I select Paris as the seat for an ad hoc arbitration?
- Is Paris a good choice of seat for institutional arbitrations?
- Does the law applicable to the contract usually determine the seat of the arbitration?
- When I decide to hold an international arbitration in Paris, am I free to choose the language of the procedure and the law that will govern my contract?
- By holding my arbitration in Paris, am I obliged to conduct the arbitral proceedings with French arbitrators and lawyers?
- In choosing Paris as my seat of arbitration, do I guarantee the independence of my arbitrators?
- Is there any advantage to choosing Paris as the place of arbitration for an ICSID or other arbitration between a State and a private party?
- Does France have its own “idea” of what international arbitration means?
- Is Paris a leading venue in terms of the number of arbitrations held over recent years?
- Is Paris a well-regarded seat of arbitration?